This recipe makes the absolute BEST & creamy mango cheesecake ice cream. It is loaded with the fragrance and deliciousness of Alphonso mangoes and is a true celebration of summer and mango season! ❤ This recipe tastes exactly like my Ultimate Mango Cheesecake but in ice cream form! What can be better?
The ice cream base
The base for this cheesecake ice cream is so light and airy, almost like a mousse! I use full fat cream cheese in this recipe and whisk it for a few minutes to give it a light and airy texture. The air whisked into the cheese and cream helps prevent ice crystals from forming when you freeze this ice cream. I have also used mascarpone cream in the past and it makes for a very delicious and light ice cream.
If you can’t find either, you can try making this cake with Greek yogurt as a replacement. Make sure your yogurt is completely drained of all its moisture before you begin and only whisk it until it turns smooth, about 20 seconds.
Why is this the best mango cheesecake ice cream?
What makes this cheesecake ice cream so fragrant and absolutely perfect is using Alphonso mangoes. I can’t find fresh Alphonso mangoes in Seattle, so I use canned Alphonso mango pulp (sometimes also labelled as Ratnagiri Alphonso Mango Pulp). You should usually be able to find it in Indian/Asian grocery stores.
If you can find fresh Alphonso mangoes (I am so envious of you!), peel and chop the mangoes and puree them in a blender and measure out your pulp for this recipe. You might need to add more sugar depending on how sweet your mangoes are.
Alphonso mangoes give this ice cream the absolute best flavor. However, if you can’t find both fresh/canned Alphonso mango, you can use any other non-fibrous mangoes (like Champagne/Ataulfo) in this recipe.
Optional add ins
I used crushed Trader Joe’s Milk and Honey Cookies in this mango cheesecake ice cream to imitate the flavors of my Ultimate Mango Cheesecake.
In the past I have also made this ice cream with honey graham crackers and it turned out great!
The crushed up cookies add an interesting texture to this ice cream. Feel free to use your favorite crushed up cookies or even skip them entirely.
Tools for making this mango cheesecake ice cream
I used my stand mixer to make this ice cream but you absolutely don’t need it for this recipe You could also use a handheld mixer or just a silicone spatula and whisk and make the ice cream base by hand! Make sure that your cream is chilled well before you start whisking as that will help it whisk quicker.
More recipes to try out:
You might also be interested in checking out Strawberry oreo, Honey roasted fig & almond and Double chocolate cherry cheesecake ice cream flavors that I came up with. They all turned out super yummy and creamy and I’m sure you will love them.
If you’re looking for other dessert recipes then check out my ultimate mango cheesecake, raspberry lemon ricotta cake, limoncello & apple cake and my ultimate one-bowl banana bread recipes. These recipes are all super simple to make and don’t require any fancy equipment.
If you like healthy desserts, you might also want to check out my 3 ingredient healthy ice creams and my refined sugar-free chocolate chip cookies. These recipe are vegan friendly and don’t use any refined sugar!
Please leave a comment below to let me know what you think and subscribe to my social media if you would like to see more easy and delicious recipes.
Alphonso mango cheesecake ice cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 can sweetened condensed milk (I used a 400 grams can)
- 1/2 cup alphonso mango pulp
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mangoes
- 4 vanilla cookies (or similar crackers)
- Make sure your heavy whipping cream is very cold before you begin. Whisk the cream using a stand/hand mixer until it starts getting thick and fluffy. We don't want it to get to stiff peaks, so turn off the mixer when it is thick and airy. Save the whipped cream for later.
- Using electric beaters, mix together the cream cheese, vanilla extract & condensed milk until they are well combined.
- Add in the whipped cream to this mixture and fold it in slowly until everything is well combined.
- Add in the mango pulp, chopped mangoes and coarsely crushed cookies and mix everything well together.
- Transfer this mixture into a freezer safe container and cover with a tight fitting lid. Freeze for a minimum of 4-6 hours before scooping and serving.
- If you can’t find both fresh/canned Alphonso mango, you can use any other non-fibrous mangoes (like Champagne/Ataulfo) in this recipe. You might need to add more sugar depending on how sweet your mangoes are.
- After the ice cream has frozen for several hours, place the ice cream container out at room temperature for 5-10 minutes for easy scooping.
A Little Note & Thanks
If you purchase something using the links on this site, Lime Thyme receives a very small commission. Don't worry, you won't pay a penny more. I only recommend products I believe in and personally use, so I hope you enjoy them too. Thanks for stopping by!