Planning lunches can be so cumbersome sometimes, especially if you are like me and don’t like to eat the same thing over and over again.
I like my lunch to be nutritious and delicious and have a good mix of all the macros. Bonus points if it is easy to whip up and taste good even if left in the fridge overnight.
What makes this hummus wrap so great?
This recipe ticks all these boxes. It is both super delicious and nutritious at the same time. I use gluten free, brown-rice wraps that add healthy carbs, organic lean turkey breast deli slices that add healthy protein and my home-made sun-dried tomato hummus for healthy fats and flavor!
What I love the most about this recipe is that it tastes amazing both warm and cold. In the winters, I prefer having warm lunches and the brown-rice wrap helps protect the fresh greens from wilting too much when heated on a pan. In summers, I enjoy having this straight out of the refrigerator.
Fill it up with delicious canned or fresh veggies of your choice and you have a wholesome and delicious lunch that is ready in less than 5 minutes!
I really like the peppery bite of arugula in this recipe, but you can replace it with spinach or any other fresh greens that you have on hand. If you are planning on eating this wrap immediately, then a slice of red onion will make it even more delicious. I don’t recommend adding in the onion if you plan on having it for lunch the next day.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. Please leave a comment below to let me know what you think and subscribe to my social media platforms if you would like to see more easy and delicious recipes.
Turkey, Hummus and Veggie Wraps
- 2 brown rice tortilla wraps or use any wraps of your choice. I buy mine at Trader Joe's
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato hummus Here's my recipe
- 6 slices organic turkey breast deli meat or use any protein of your choice
- 1 roasted red bell pepper sliced. I used the jarred variety
- 6 artichoke hearts I used the jarred variety
- 2 slices red onion optional, see notes.
- 1 cup arugula or any green of your choice
- salt and pepper
- Place the tortilla on a chopping board and spread a tablespoon of the sun-dried tomato pesto evenly on top.
- Top with slices of turkey breast and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the other toppings and roll into a tight roll.
- Optional - If you are eating it immediately and you like warm wraps, heat a pan or a griddle and toast on all sides for about 5 mins until warmed through.
- Slice in half and serve.
A Little Note & Thanks
If you purchase something using the links on this site, Lime Thyme receives a very small commission. Don't worry, you won't pay a penny more. I only recommend products I believe in and personally use, so I hope you enjoy them too. Thanks for stopping by!